Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Find the user who completed a task

Level 2

How can I do to find the user who completed a task using the Find User operation?

In the LiveCycle 8.2, in the Assign Task operation had the Form Data Mappins tab where I could store the Completed user id, and then use routes with conditions in the Find User Operations to define which routes the flow would follow.

Thanks for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It must be a simple if..else conditional routing.

The workflow will look similar to the following model:

workflow.png

And the expression to compare the completed user and the next approver will look like following:

expression.png

Note: I am not sure if the taskResult's completedBy variable will hold the UserId or OID of the user.

Nith

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Now we have this new Task Result object you can use in the Output section of the User step.

The Task Result object contains a bunch of information about the completed task, one of them being the user that completed it.

Jasmin

Level 2

Ok Jasmin,

Where can I find more information about how can I use the Task Result object?

I need to do something like this:

A person submits a form to a first manager. The first manager approve the form and submtis to a second manager. The second manager approve the form and submtis to a third manager and finally a PDF copy of the form is saved in the local disk. But if the second manager claims the task from the first manager without his approve,  and the second manager approve it, the task should go straight to the thrid manager. And if the thrid manager claims the task from the first manager or the second manager, the flow should go straight to the save a PDF copy in the local disk step.

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 10

It must be a simple if..else conditional routing.

The workflow will look similar to the following model:

workflow.png

And the expression to compare the completed user and the next approver will look like following:

expression.png

Note: I am not sure if the taskResult's completedBy variable will hold the UserId or OID of the user.

Nith

Level 2

I got it!!!!

Thanks a lot Nith e Jasmin!