Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Calculating dynamic values from dropdown lists

Level 1

Hi all, here's the noob question of the day

I'm creating an invoice form in LiveCycle Designer and I'm totally stuck at tax calculations:

for each product you're able to choose between two tax percentages from a dropdown list and, at the end of the form, I want to show a total amount of each tax.

productqtyunit price
vatnet price
red shoes pack220$4%40$
black shoes pack125$4%25$
white umbrella110$7%10$

total net price75$
+ TAX 4%2.60$
+ TAX 7%0.70$
Total78.30$

How can I set the + TAX 4% and + TAX 7% fields to grab their respective product rows?

Sorry for my bad english.. I hope you get the question!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you send your form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I will code it up for you to give you the idea of how to do it. Please include a description of what you want done in the email.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

You woudl have to look at each row inside of a for loop and then determine if that row had 4% or 7% tax. Then you coudl keep a running total of the tax for you calcultions such that when the for loop ended you would have the 4 and 7% totals calculated.

Make sense?

Paul

Level 1

uhm yes it does, can you suggest a practical example for someone who's not really a coder?

Level 1

back to this form and still stuck.. can anyone provide a code example, please?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you send your form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I will code it up for you to give you the idea of how to do it. Please include a description of what you want done in the email.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----