Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Calculate total in table

Former Community Member

Ok I have searched the forums and no matter what I do I can't get this to work again.  I had the script work in the original table but for some reason it isn't working since I changed tables.  Here are the details.

I have a table that ask for a bunch of info to submit a requisition.  I have one cell ask for the qty and another cell (different row) ask for the unit price and then I would like the "total price" cell (different row) calculate the total.  I had the script working in the original table but I had to make some significant changes to the table so I started a new one.  Now I can't get the script to work.  Does the type of field make a difference, numeric, decimal?

This is a FormCalc as a calculate event.  My script is:

form1.#subform[0].Table3.Row5.Cell4

*form1.#subform[0].Table3.Row6.Cell4

I have it saved as a dynamic pdf. 

What am I missing?  Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I sent the form back Joe along with an explanation and a screenshot of what I changed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 7

Change your script to something more like:

xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform.Table3.Row5.Cell4")

*xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform.Table3.Row6.Cell4")

You can get the absolute reference to any cell by clicking in the script editor, holding down ctrl+shift and clicking the cell you want to reference, i.e. cell 4 in row 5 in table 3. This worked for me even when I used text fields in the cells.

Former Community Member

Thanks for the info.  I tried using the cntrl+shift to enter the absolute reference but no luck.

Level 7

Can you post the form somewhere I can see it or email it to me? My email is allendavid@co.kane.il.us.

Former Community Member

Allen, I will send you the form since I pretty restricted at work.  Thanks, Joe

Correct answer by
Level 7

I sent the form back Joe along with an explanation and a screenshot of what I changed.