Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Calculate total in table

Level 2

Ok I have searched the forums and no matter what I do I can't get this to work again.  I had the script work in the original table but for some reason it isn't working since I changed tables.  Here are the details.

I have a table that ask for a bunch of info to submit a requisition.  I have one cell ask for the qty and another cell (different row) ask for the unit price and then I would like the "total price" cell (different row) calculate the total.  I had the script working in the original table but I had to make some significant changes to the table so I started a new one.  Now I can't get the script to work.  Does the type of field make a difference, numeric, decimal?

This is a FormCalc as a calculate event.  My script is:

form1.#subform[0].Table3.Row5.Cell4

*form1.#subform[0].Table3.Row6.Cell4

I have it saved as a dynamic pdf. 

What am I missing?  Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I sent the form back Joe along with an explanation and a screenshot of what I changed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 7

Change your script to something more like:

xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform.Table3.Row5.Cell4")

*xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform.Table3.Row6.Cell4")

You can get the absolute reference to any cell by clicking in the script editor, holding down ctrl+shift and clicking the cell you want to reference, i.e. cell 4 in row 5 in table 3. This worked for me even when I used text fields in the cells.

Level 2

Thanks for the info.  I tried using the cntrl+shift to enter the absolute reference but no luck.

Level 7

Can you post the form somewhere I can see it or email it to me? My email is allendavid@co.kane.il.us.

Level 2

Allen, I will send you the form since I pretty restricted at work.  Thanks, Joe

Correct answer by
Level 7

I sent the form back Joe along with an explanation and a screenshot of what I changed.