Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Calculate drop down lists so they calculate in numeric field

Former Community Member

New to livecycle, and I am doing up a catering menu. I am using drop down lists to condense it. trying to get it where the drop down list multiplies by the quantity to get the amount.

any help would be great thanks. Heres what i got so far.

\\cdha.nshealth.ca\userhome\userhome\FINANCE\williamsdp\My Documents\Documents\Catering Form OC.pdf

4 Replies

Level 10

The link you have provided send a Page Not Found on the website...

Former Community Member

for some reason its not letting me upload the file, but basically all i want to do is when some selects an item from the drop down list then types how much in the quantity field, they will multiply in the amount field.

Level 10

You can make 2-3 decimal fields:

1. 1st Decimal Field can be calculated - ReadOnly which displays the cost amount of the item

2. 2nd Decimal Field can be entered by user to provide the quantity it is needed

3. 3rd Decimal Field can be calculated - ReadOnly which displays the total cost amount of the item section.

4. for each item in the dropdownlist create a switch case statement to display the right amount for the item chosen

5. in the total amount field calculate the 2 other decimal fields together as follow: 1stField * 2ndField