Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Binding Problem "

Level 1

Good morning,

Here are the following items that I'm using

a.  Adobe LiveCycle 8.0

b.  Sql 2005

I created a connection with my database and I dragged the field that I wanted on the form.  Once this was done, it changed the object to a "Text Field", so I changed it to a drop down list box.  I refreshed the form and I went to the drop down list box and clicked on the downward arrow.  Nothing happen but one name does appear in the list box.

Could somebody please let me know what I did wrong.

Here is what my ADO Properties are;

Cursor Type               unspecified

Cursor Location          Server

Lock Type                  Read only

BOF Action                Move First

EOF Action                Add New

Thanks

Don

2 Replies

Former Community Member

You have bound the single value of the 1st row of the DB to the rawValue of your DDList. You

need to bind to the List Items property instead. Highlight the DDList you want to bind to and on the Object/palette choose the Field tab. In the top right corner of that palette is an icon that you can activate by clicking on it (see the screen shot below):

screen1.png

A menu will pop up and you must select the "Show Dynamic Properties" option to make sure that it is checked on. Now other properties in the UI will become links (you see it underlined and in green on my image). Click on the "List Items" and a wizard screen will pop up and allow you to choose the Data Connection that you want and also bind the column that you want to the Item Text and the Item Value.

Now when you render the DataConenction will get all records and extract the values to put into the DDList.

Paul

Level 1

Thank you for help.

Have A Great Day,