Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Batch file enable for commenting and analysis in Adobe Reader

Level 1

I have over 18000 GeoPDFs created and want to enable for commenting and analysis in Adobe Reader.  Can anyone step me through how to set this up in Adobe LiveCycle?

3 Replies

Level 10

To enable the Commenting in Adobe Reader you can either use Acrobat or LiveCycle Reader Extentions.

But, in Acrobat (even in Acrobat X) you cannot enable those Usage Rights via batch.

This means you will have to do this for each file separately.

Attention: The commenting will only be enabled for static forms (PDF-forms), not for dynamic forms (XFA-forms)!

Possible the LiveCycle Reader Extentions can do that, but this product is very, very expensive and I don't have it.

Level 1

Thanks for the information!!

Sent with Good (www.good.com)

Renee Robinson

GIS Analyst

MOARNG

Level 1

If you are using an Apple computer you can download an Automator service script that I made. It will enable you to select as many, or as few PDFs as you would like to enable comenting in and will automatically enable each PDF to "enable commenting". You can view the tutorial and download the Automator Script here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azRq6vRSVbs

Hope this helps.