Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Barcoded forms using Adobe Reader

Level 2

Hi,

As previous discussion started by me, we have developed a Barcoded form for our work process.

It's use to be succesful filling & editing barcoded form with Adobe Acrobat reader 9.3 after we license the form in Livecycle.

But just know the reader fails to read the barcoded form.

After the user fills details on the form, the barcode field dissapear from the screen (blank grey spot).

Is this because of another licensing process needed? Or it is only a technicality problem.

blank barcode.JPG

Thanks & regards,

Raja

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Raja,

If the amount of data you are attempting to encode in a barcode exceeds the barcode's data capacity, the barcode will turn grey.

Steve

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Raja,

If the amount of data you are attempting to encode in a barcode exceeds the barcode's data capacity, the barcode will turn grey.

Steve

Former Community Member

Your PDF form should be published as a reader extended pdf

for more info refer Reader extension

Former Community Member

I have the same problem as Raja. And it does not help to reduce the amount of information in the barcode. The barode field stil turns gray in Adobe Reader 9.

The strange thing is that there are no problems when I open and fill out the form in Adobe Reader 7.

K

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----