Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Barcode and text

Level 2

I am creating a form and just wondered if it was possible the have

2 areas link into each other so that when the user populates fields such as name that the second field self populates with the same ifomation but creates a barcode for a scanning application later.

I look forward to any help with this if possible.

Thanks

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I tried with the 3 fields with global binding and with some other fileds. Here i selected a Paper Forms Barcode from barcode section, on pre print i placed the alert of barcode.  I printed the barcode value its displaying only one time for all global fields.

so nothing need todo any more for this. Great!!! feature.

Hope this will help.

RAGHU.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

To populate same data into more than one field make all the required fields with same name and default binding as Global (in object tab under binding). In one of the field get the value and assign to it. This will populate all fields with same data.

RAGHU.

Level 2

That part worked great and i thankyou.

But now how can i make the barcode not have the text embedded in the barcode. I am sure this may cause issues in the reading of the barcode.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 6

I tried with the 3 fields with global binding and with some other fileds. Here i selected a Paper Forms Barcode from barcode section, on pre print i placed the alert of barcode.  I printed the barcode value its displaying only one time for all global fields.

so nothing need todo any more for this. Great!!! feature.

Hope this will help.

RAGHU.

Level 2

Thanks for your help it is appricted.

I wondered i you knew how i could set up a validation pattern for a date field?

and is there a way that when a print form button is pressed it automatically goes to a pre picked printer and not have the pop up screen appear.

Thanks