Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Autopopulate text field data into another text field?

Level 2

Hi,

I have two text field input boxes in my livecycle form, and I want to make it so that if an employee enters their name in one text field box, the 2nd text field box will automatically populate itself with the same name.

I know how to do this in Acrobat (just copy/paste the existing text field box and make sure it has the same name), but the method I use in Acrobat is not working in livecycle.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, the easiest way without scripting is to name the two text fields with the same name, EG empName. LC Designer wlll automatically insert instance numbers in the hierarchy, like empName[0] and empName[1]. Select one of the textfields and go to the Object > Binding palette and select Global binding. Whatever is typed into one field will automatically appear in the other, on exit. Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, the easiest way without scripting is to name the two text fields with the same name, EG empName. LC Designer wlll automatically insert instance numbers in the hierarchy, like empName[0] and empName[1]. Select one of the textfields and go to the Object > Binding palette and select Global binding. Whatever is typed into one field will automatically appear in the other, on exit. Niall

Level 2

Perfect, thanks Niall!

I had a feeling it would be a simple solution.