Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Automatically populate another field

Level 2

Hi

I have a form where the user enters a 10 digit number at the start of the form and i want to know how to have this number automatically enters it into another numberic field on page 3.

7 Replies

Level 6

Name the two fields the same and use global binding

Former Community Member

Hi paulk07,

Thanks for the post. This is my learning for the day.

But, i observed that whenever a change is made to the data, the modified value is not reflected in the XML. (I tried to get the XML using Submit By Email button).

Any idea?

Thanks,

VJ

Level 2

In the second num field under the calculate event put the following script.

this.rawValue = "name of first num field".rawValue

Can send you an example if you like.

Raffe.

Level 2

Hi Raffe

An example would be great.

Thanks

Level 2

Drop me an email. My address raffe.stone@gmail.com.

Level 4

My issue is very close to this one but not exactly the same.  I have a two different addresses, Corporate address and Payment address.  I have a checkbox that asks if the payment address is different.  IF they say NO we want the corporate address info to populate into the payment address boxes.  If the checkbox is YES then we want to show just the blank payment address fields.  Any suggestions on how to do this?  I am using javascript to keep the address boxes hidden until one of the checkboxes is checked.

Thanks!!!
JOdi

Level 6

I've got a sample I can send you.  Your email is private so drop me a line at pbeef2000@yahoo.com and I'll forward the check boxes with hidden fields.