Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Automatic Bullets?

Level 1

Is there a way to have a text box that puts in additional bullets as the individual filling out the form adds more lines to the box?

i.e.

"What do you like about the class?

l Entertaining

l Use of Technology

l Great text

l Teacher is awesome"

After typing in the first entry "Entertaining", the individual would hit enter (or whatever would make another bullet appear), then type in the next entry "Use of Technology", hit enter for another bullet... etc.

Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

'Dynamic' bullets like you have described are not possible as yet, but I hear that they are coming in Acrobat X and the next version of LC Designer: Acrobat X and XFA 3.3

You can hardwire bullets into a form using Wingdings or other keyboard shortcuts. But it is more difficult for the user to input bulleted text at runtime.

Niall

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

'Dynamic' bullets like you have described are not possible as yet, but I hear that they are coming in Acrobat X and the next version of LC Designer: Acrobat X and XFA 3.3

You can hardwire bullets into a form using Wingdings or other keyboard shortcuts. But it is more difficult for the user to input bulleted text at runtime.

Niall

Level 1

Thanks so much!! That solved so much mystery for me. I will watch for it in Acrobat X then. Thanks again.

Level 10

Hi,

you can add bullets on multiline text field via scripting.

This FormCalc script for the change:event will add a bullet followed by a space on each new line if a line break occurs when the user hits the return key.

var Brk = "

"

if (xfa.event.change eq Brk) then

xfa.event.change = Concat(Brk, "• ")

endif

LineBreak-Bullets.jpg

Level 10

Hi radzmar,

Nice script - a good catch

Niall