Expand my Community achievements bar.

auto populate other fields bases on the first 2 fields

Former Community Member

Hello,

I have a form that has 5 fields in which the first 3 fields are pre-populated from the 1st web service based on their user id and now I'd like to have the other 2 fields to pre-populate bases on that first 3 fields that execute from a 2nd web service but having issues on that. If I have it manually enter the input than it work but I could not make it work by auto pre-populate bases on the first fields that already pre-poulated. Can you please advise on this..

Thanks in advance,

Han Dao

3 Replies

Former Community Member

What event are you using to trigger the 2nd service? You will end up with multiple bindings for the 1st three fields I am not 100% but I think that shoudl work. If that does not work we may need intermeadiary fields hidden of course to control the binding. Are you seeing two sets of input output execute bindings for those fields?

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

I use Form:ready to trigger the 2nd WS as the same one for the 1st one. I use AWS_ASSIGNED_ID (hidden field) to control both of the WS. I am not sure that I understand you correctly about the two sets of input output execute bindings for those fields.  Can you please explain a little bit more.

Thanks, Han

Former Community Member

On the bindings tab ...do you see two sets of bindings for your web service calls?

Just as a test try triggering your second web service from a button after the form is loaded.

Paul