Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Apr calculation in FormCalc

Level 1

Hi! Please, describe how to calculate Apr (annual percentage of rate). If you can, write a formula based on starting input values (principal amount of the loan, payment amount on the loan, number of periods in the loan’s duration).

Thanks for your time

10 Replies

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I already read that documentation, but my question is slightly different. I meant what formula should i use with theese input values, to get the result which FormCalc shows. Because i haven't found this one in the internet, which can give you the APR based on theese values.

Thanks.

Former Community Member

I am also interested in this problem. Did you find that formula yet? If you have it, please post it in this thread.

Many thanks.

Level 3

Steve, Do you know how to reverse a loan Payment? I have successfully coded the loan payment based on loan size, interest rate and term. I'm trying to calculate the loan size based on the monthly payment, term and interest rate. I can do it in excel but not in livecycle.

--Thanks.

Level 3

I can help you with that if you still need it.

Level 1
Level 1

Do you have a working Loan Payment formula for a forms custom calc script?    This is what I have so far.  Would appreciate a "dumb down" response-my first go of it.

var AnnualRate = this.getField("Rate");

if(AnnualRate == null) app.alert("error interest rate field");

var NumberPayments = this.getField("Amortization");

if(NumberPayments == null) app.alert("error getting number of payments field");

var PresentValue = this.getField("Loan Amount");

if(PresentValue == null) app.alert("error getting present value field");

event.value = PMT( AnnualRate.value / 12, NumberPayments.value, PresentValue.value);

Level 3

I can send you my form which has all the formula's needed to calculate mortgage payments as well as blended rates. I will need an email address to do so.

Level 7

There is no PMT function in Acrobat, but you can write a function to perform that calculation.

Level 10

Well, there is a PMT function in FormCalc you can use:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/xml/xfa_spec_3_3.pdf#page=1110

This is only available for XFA forms not for AcroForsm and you have to make sure that the selected language is FormCalc not JavaScript.