Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Approval by email *without* attach form

Level 4

Dear all,

I wonder if I can approval a process via email *without* attach a form, because I would like to enable the user to approval with their mobile phone.

Any method which do not require to open the workspace will be welcome too.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
11 Replies

Level 10

Yes you can. You can setup approval via email so that you get an Approval/Reject link in the body of the email.

We also have LiveCycle for Mobile that allow you to participate in a process with your mobile.

Jasmin

Level 4

Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for the good news, would like to know if you have any link to the document or any pointers for the setup?

Regards

Bill

Level 4

Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for the Document!

I just crash after I try to connect with the iPhone apps before, wish this document will help.

And I would like to know if I can have some document link or keyword to search for the approval link in email method?

Coz I am afraid the mobile method may not work due to some mobile OS version problem etc...

Thanks for all the help so far.

Regards

Bill

Level 4

Hi all,

Anyone have any pointers for setting up the approval with a email only? Or any html based solution will work too.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bill

Level 10

You can start by reading this post:http://forums.adobe.com/thread/701329?tstart=0

I'll write a blog entry to summerize it in the next few days.

Jasmin

Level 4

Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for the input.

Will see what can I find there, please kindly let me know when your blog entry is up.

Regards

Bill

Correct answer by
Level 10

Level 4

Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for all the good work.

Would like to confirm this is not available in ES since your said it is form ES2 in your blog.

Regards

Bill

Level 4

Hi Jasmin,

Because ES do not have the mentioned function, we managed to create one on our own, and the setup example in ES2 helped to understand the picture a lot, thanks.

But we hit a problem that we are not able to use the completeTask function to complete user task as a super admin, and we need to reassign the task to the super admin user before we complete it.

But it lead to a problem that the task no longer belong to the original user.

Would like to know it is the limitation of ES/ES2 or I missed out something here?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Bill

Level 10

You're not missing anything. You can't complete a task on behalf of someone else. This is just how the security is built in LC.

Send me an email at livecycle8@gmail.com to discuss further.

Jasmin