Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applying SP2 on Solaris / JBoss

Level 3

Hello all,

we've just been trying to apply the SP2 upgrade patch on an installation (LCESU1) on Solaris / JBoss at a customer system. However, the installation program gives the following error:

(02.06.2009 14:16:44), com.adobe.installshieldx.installer.wizard.GetInstalledAppServerSetting, msg1, Valid Installed Application Server Value Detected: jboss
(02.06.2009 14:16:44), com.adobe.installshieldx.installer.wizard.GetInstalledAppServerSetting, err, ****INVALID**** Installed Operating System Value Detected: Solaris
(02.06.2009 14:16:45), null, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$DiskSpaceCheck, wrn, F?r die ?berpr?fung des erforderlichen Plattenspeicherplatzes wird die native Unterst?tzung der Dateidienste ben?tigt.
It's in German, but it basically means that the installer needs a native module to check the available disk space. The SP readme says:

Run the executable file appropriate for your operating system. This step opens a wizard that guides you
through the installation:
● (Windows) x86_win32_adobe_livecycle_8_2_patch.exe
● (Linux) x86_linux_adobe_livecycle_8_2_patch.bin
● (AIX) powerpc_aix_adobe_livecycle_8_2_patch.bin
● (Solaris) solaris_adobe_livecycle_8_2_patch.bin

However, the Unix package downloaded from Adobe only contains the linux bin, neither AIX nor Solaris seem to be included. On the partner site, I can only choose between Win and Unix. Do I need to download another package (and if so, where) or is the missing file really not included in the current version of the patch??

Any help would be much appreciated,

Steffen.

1 Reply

Level 7

This is a known problem.  Please await the availability of the next SP where it is fixed.