Expand my Community achievements bar.

allow form filler (user) to click a button that creates a duplicate page

Level 2

This discussion is also in the Forms forum.

I have a four part form of which one page holds employment history information for up to four places of employment. I have created a table that holdsdata for up to four employment histories. I've done that so that a person who doesn't fill the form out online can print and copy that page to allow for more than four histories.

My issue is, how can I create a "Add Employers" button that an online form filler can click to duplicate this page (add duplicate page) if they require another page to complete all their employment histories.

I DO NOT want to "add an item (row)". I want the whole page duplicated but with empty data fields.

Most users will be viewing the form in Reader, not Acrobat when they fill it in.

1. How do I allow user to duplicate the whole page?

2. Would prefer it if only the table was duplicated.

Whatever is easiest.

Image of what the page looks like. Currently, there are two subforms in the main content area subform. One with the instructions and one containing the table. Click on image to enlarge.

Image 1.PNG

3 Replies

Level 7

You can use the instance manager to duplicate a subform. Just make sure the subform is set to repeat in the Object > Binding tab.

Level 2

OK. So in Preview in LIveCycle it works and when I save it as dynamic pdf it works.

BUT - the user needs to be able to save it after they enter data. So I resaved using the  "Reader Extended pdf" option and this is what the user sees - only the first row repeated over and over.Capture2.PNG

Level 5

Hi,

I am able to see proper PDF after entering the data.

This is what i have done.

1. Created XDP with table and button. Select the table and go to binding tab and check "Repeat Table for Each Data Item".

2. On click of button i kept below script.

Page1.Table.Table1.instanceManager.addInstance(1);
     Change the form to "Dynamic XML Form".
3. Using Acrobat make the PDF "Extend features in Adobe reader" to save the user entered data.

(Adavanced > Extend features in adobe reader).

Vijay