Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Advanced process design lab: error on content service

Level 2

Hi,

Exercise 1:  When I TRY exercise 1, I can't see the archived pdf in content space.  I got the following error in the log:

2009-09-29 09:24:25,578 WARN  [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] ALC-CSV-30007-000: com.adobe.livecycle.contentservices.client.exceptions.CSInvocationException: ALC-CSV-030-007-Unable to invoke webscript url [http://172.16.148.129:8080/contentspace/wcservice/adobe/contentmanager/stream]
Caused by: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: connect

Except this error, I always see the following exception in the log too.  I can't get any message in workspace. I think it is caused by this exception.

2009-09-29 09:28:18,406 ERROR [org.jgroups.protocols.UDP] failed sending message to 172.16.148.129:1487 (0 bytes)
java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: Datagram send failed
    at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.send(Native Method)
    at java.net.DatagramSocket.send(Unknown Source)
    at org.jgroups.protocols.UDP._send(UDP.java:338)
    at org.jgroups.protocols.UDP.sendToSingleMember(UDP.java:299)
    at org.jgroups.protocols.TP.doSend(TP.java:940)
    at org.jgroups.protocols.TP.send(TP.java:926)
    at org.jgroups.protocols.TP.down(TP.java:712)
    at org.jgroups.stack.DownHandler.run(Protocol.java:121)

I did not change the network setting of the image so I don't know why server always call IP 172.16.148.129.

I ping localhost and get 127.0.0.1

best regards

mark dong

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Who are you currently logged in as in Workbench?

Jas

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

I changed the network and did not reboot the image after that.   So that could change the image's ip address?  Will LC keep the ip address of the server?

Best Regards

Mark Dong

Correct answer by
Level 10

Who are you currently logged in as in Workbench?

Jas

Level 2

kbowman

I will restart the image and see if the error will disappear.

Level 2

The original image has the network set as "host only", and I think I remember it had a fixed IP address but I'm not 100% sure. Certainly I changed it to Bridged in VMWare and, internally, to get an address via DHCP before uploading it to the ESX server where I'm using it via Remote Desktop.

The address anyway is certainly not set in any software configuration (like JBoss or mySQL) , it might just be the configuration of the (virtualized) Ethernet "hardware".

Level 2

Hi,

I reboot the image and get a new IP Address. Then the error disappears. Seems LC is not smart enough to recoganize a new IP address. It should not a big case in production environment since nobody will change IP address frequently.

Thanks.

Best Regards

Mark Dong