Expand my Community achievements bar.

ADOBE MICR STD font glyphs not displaying in form

Former Community Member

I'm working on a form that has a text field.  The text field is set with the MICR STD font.  The numeric values are displayed in the right font but when I want to display the "on-us" symbol for instance I cannot get it to display.

This is an open type font and the instructions say to supply a Capital "A" and the symbol will display.  Instead just the letter A displays in some other font.

See attachment...

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I don't have the font, but you may need to revert to the Unicode value for the character you want.

I am not familar with the "on-us" symbol, but if you go to the character map for the MICR font, you should be able to identify the Unicode for the character. You should then be able to insert this into the .rawValue of the field something like this:

this.rawValue = "1234567890123456" + "\u0021" + aDifferentField.rawValue;

\u0021 is a "!" so you would replace this with the unicode of the symbol you want.

I hope this helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thank you for your response Niall.

I've tried your suggestion and it is still not working.

I've added that line and it converts the unicode "A" (/0041) to the letter A instead of the symbol I need.

Level 10

Hi,

I am running a bit blind here becuase I don't have the font and I am not familar with the symbol. Did you check if you can get the unicode for the symbol, which may be different from /0041?

Here are two guides from http://www.unicode.org/ which may be of help. Also there are unicode charts available on this website.

Hope you get this working,

Niall

Level 1

Once you type the letter A and it appears in a different font just change that one character to the MICR std font and it should appear correctly. At least this works for me.