Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe LiveCycle Form Properties Target Version Issue

Level 2

Hello,

I created forms with javascript, which it manipulate the form base upon users selection on different drop downs. I have set the form target version to "Acrobat and Adobe Reader 7.0.5 and above" but there are user using Adobe Reader 7.0.9 and 7.1.0 are experiencing problems. The form were either not working properly or unable to save their data. I did enabled "Extended Features on Adobe Reader" on Acrobat Pro 9. I tried to set target version to "Acrobat and Adobe Reader 6.0.2 and above" but the form will not work at all. The form works fine on Adobe Reader 8 and 9. Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Do not use a target version of 6.0.2 .....that is not supported anymore. You shoudl be able to set it to 7.0.5 and have it work. Can you elaborate on the issues that the 7.x users are seeing?

Paul

Level 2

Paul,

I just have another user experiencing problems. I double checked their Adobe Reader version, which is 7.0.9. The issue they are having is that they can load, fill and save form fine but when they edit the saved form, they can't. Do you have any idea why they couldn't edit the saved form even I have already enable that feature?

Former Community Member

Are you locking the fields on the form at any time? There is no reason why they should not be able to modify a form unless the fields were locked by a script at a a specific time.

Paul

Level 2

No. All my fields isn't lock at all. I just have the switch

javascript code on some of them.

Like when a user selects "a" on

drop down 1, text field 1 and "subform A" will set to xyz and "subform B, C, D" will invisible.

Former Community Member

I am at a loass as to why this is happening ....can you send the form and a description of the issue to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Paul