Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 9.0 is not compatible for Smart Devices

Level 1

Hi, we like to use our licensed Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 9.0 to create dynamic client forms with smart functions like dropdowns, mouseover, dynamic triggered mandatory fields or buttons to add additional fields etc.

Now, we recognized LiveCycle Designer ES 9 PDFs are not compatible for Pads and Smartphones. Compared to standard PDFs we are not able to open (view) our created LiveCycle PDFs on a Smartphone or PDF.

How can we solve this issue?

Thanks al lot for the support.

Sam

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

If you want to use LiveCycle Platform in general to design forms that are cross platform, you have to switch to AEM Forms. Basically, moving forward, you will switch from legacy Adobe LiveCycle to new similar designer under AEM Forms. I am not exactly sure if the new designer is 100% compatible with the current Adobe LC Designer. However, I know that you can port your existing forms to the new designer which is web based, I think. The porting process will make it easier for you to migrate to new platform, but still more effort is needed to restore the required functionality.

There is no way to design Forms, using the current designer, that can work on mobile phones and iPads/Tablets. Some claim that you can use HTML5 feature of the legacy Adobe LC Designer... I tried but I failed. It is very expensive in terms of effort and required platform to make it work. You may try and I wish you good luck. I can say that 80% of the PDF Designer Features will be lost of you use HTML5 of the legacy LiveCycle Designer, simply, it was not worth it for our case. For that and several other reasons, we decided to switch to pure HTML5, CSS, JavaScript and Angular. We don't want surprises.

Tarek

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

If you want to use LiveCycle Platform in general to design forms that are cross platform, you have to switch to AEM Forms. Basically, moving forward, you will switch from legacy Adobe LiveCycle to new similar designer under AEM Forms. I am not exactly sure if the new designer is 100% compatible with the current Adobe LC Designer. However, I know that you can port your existing forms to the new designer which is web based, I think. The porting process will make it easier for you to migrate to new platform, but still more effort is needed to restore the required functionality.

There is no way to design Forms, using the current designer, that can work on mobile phones and iPads/Tablets. Some claim that you can use HTML5 feature of the legacy Adobe LC Designer... I tried but I failed. It is very expensive in terms of effort and required platform to make it work. You may try and I wish you good luck. I can say that 80% of the PDF Designer Features will be lost of you use HTML5 of the legacy LiveCycle Designer, simply, it was not worth it for our case. For that and several other reasons, we decided to switch to pure HTML5, CSS, JavaScript and Angular. We don't want surprises.

Tarek

Level 1

Hi Tarek

Thank you very much.

We'll swich to AEM Forms if the licence costs are acceptable.

Sam