Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe LiveCycle 8.2 - Windows 7 - Issue: Remove Editing Features Once PDF Emailed

Level 2

Greetings Adobe Forum!

I have successfully created a form and am able to email the form to a recipient. The issue I am experiencing is, I'm trying to disable editing once the form has been sent as an email to the recipient. Is there a way to perform this on Adobe LiveCycle 8.2 or Adobe Acrobat 9 or XI? Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

After extensive research - this link helps provide the issue I was experiencing. In summary, you can lock the form after the email with the document in the provided link. When you open the PDF in either Reader or Acrobat Pro, click on the paper clip within the Reader or Acrobat Pro app. From here you will be able to retrieve the Javascript needed to lock the form once the PDF has been emailed. Please pass this forward as this has been an ongoing issue.

Submit PDF by email | LiveCycle LifeLine Weblog

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

You can set all fields to be read only via scripting.

Here's a sample: LOCK the form once its SAVEd?

Level 2

Hello Radzmar!

Thanks for the follow up.

I followed the instructions and the form was locked down. However, I forgot to mention in my requirements, the form is being saved with Extended Features in Adobe Reader. Once the form is saved in extended features, the form is locked out and the highlighted fields cannot be filled. I need the form to lock out the fields after the form is filled out and emailed to the recipient. I tried adding the function (referenced below) provided in the Lock the form once its saved thread in the preSave and postSave fields of the LiveCycle Designer (8.2.1) app. Let me know if I am missing something.

function lockFields(vNode) {  

if (vNode.className === "field") { 

vNode.access = "protected"; 

}  

for (var i = 0; i < vNode.nodes.length; i += 1) { 

lockFields(vNode.nodes.item(i)); 

} 

}  

lockFields(xfa.form);

Correct answer by
Level 2

After extensive research - this link helps provide the issue I was experiencing. In summary, you can lock the form after the email with the document in the provided link. When you open the PDF in either Reader or Acrobat Pro, click on the paper clip within the Reader or Acrobat Pro app. From here you will be able to retrieve the Javascript needed to lock the form once the PDF has been emailed. Please pass this forward as this has been an ongoing issue.

Submit PDF by email | LiveCycle LifeLine Weblog