Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Additional Button Issues

Level 2

This question is very specific to the attached form.  On the second page of the form I have an "Add a Category" and an "Add an Activity" button.  The "Add a Category" button only adds a row to the first set of activities.  When I add a second activity the button adds a row to the first set of activities as opposed to adding to the second set.  How do I fix this?  Steve if you can help me out again I would appreciate it!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Susann,

Thank you. I think you should substitute 'brilliant' with 'obstinate'.

You did not attach the form but I suspect it is the click event on the 'Add Activity' button. I changed the subform structure and names. In your form the button calls the instanceManager as follows:

Table14.HeaderRow.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

My ok.pdf form click event looks like this:

form1.MainSubForm.activity.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

You probably need to reconcile the differences in the form structure and names.

Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Susan,

Here is a snapshot. I added a 'Remove Category' button too. The attached form contains the subform, below.

ok.PNG

Steve

Level 2

Hi, Steve-

Again, I think you are amazing and extremely brilliant. So, glad that you are able to help. The solution you sent me kind of works when I plopped it into my form, but I can't get the "Add Activity". I don't know enough about working with the xml source to figure it out. Can you help me one last time, please! See attached document.

Susann K. Wenzl

Office Associate IV

Curriculum, Instruction, and Innovation Team

Nebraska Department of Education

301 Centennial Mall South

Lincoln, NE 68508

Phn: 402-471-6692

Fax: 402-471-0117

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Susann,

Thank you. I think you should substitute 'brilliant' with 'obstinate'.

You did not attach the form but I suspect it is the click event on the 'Add Activity' button. I changed the subform structure and names. In your form the button calls the instanceManager as follows:

Table14.HeaderRow.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

My ok.pdf form click event looks like this:

form1.MainSubForm.activity.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

You probably need to reconcile the differences in the form structure and names.

Steve

Level 2

SCORE!!!! I did it!! (With a lot of your help) You have two huge fans here in Nebraska!! I don't know if you noticed but the gal you were helping last week, Shayne Ortmeier, is my co-worker. We want you to come to Nebraska and personally train us to use Adobe LiveCycle.

Susann K. Wenzl

Office Associate IV

Lincoln, NE 68508

Level 2

Okay, I need to use your brilliance again! The text box for the activity description above the table that you were helping me with won't expand with the amount of text that is entered. I do believe I have it set to expand, but it isn't working. See attached file.

Susann K. Wenzl

Office Associate IV

Lincoln, NE 68508

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----