Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adding Bullet Points and Ghost Text to a Form

Level 2

Hello!

I am currently working on a form created in Adobe LiveCycle for my employer and had a request to add placeholder "ghost" text that disappears when a field is typed into.  I was able to achieve this via scripting with the instructions here:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/3916584

However, I am now faced with a different problem.  The field itself is a multi-line text field that is supposed to include bullet points.  Example below:

Title
  • Insert your text here (this text, but not the bullet point, disappears when the field is typed into. The user can add more bullet points as needed. Placeholder only appears on first line.)

In the past, I have added the bullet points later as regular text in Acrobat Pro, but since I now have to include the ghost text, I am not sure how to approach this problem.

I am up for any suggestions, as I am not sure what I am asking for is even possible.  I'm a bit befuddled on this one!

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Ash

---------------------------------

Software:

Adobe LiveCycle Designer

Acrobat XI Pro

---------------------------------

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Ash,

You can add tabs and newlines to the null pattern so you might be able to get the effect you are after, something like;

this.format.picture.value = "null{'•\tInsert your text here\n•\tInsert more text here\n•\tInsert even more text here\n•\tInsert still more text here'}";

The \t is a tab character and the \n is a new line, not a proper bullet point list with hanging indents but you might be able to do something similar.

Regards

Bruce