Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adding a field that calculates total radio button answers

Former Community Member

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to LiveCycle, so bear with me.  I'm using LiveCycle Designer ES2 version 9.

I have created a form that will be used to perform a quality assurance review of one of our programs.  There are 32 standards that must be met in order for the program to be considered compliant.  Each standard uses a radio button to indicate C (for compliant) or NC (for Noncompliant).  What I'd like to do is create two fields; one will calculate the total number of radio buttons indicating C, and another field that will calculate the total number of radio buttons indicating NC.

I'm sure there is a way to do this, but I can't quite figure it out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-John

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

If you have a specific number of radio buttons to count, then you can just verify each of them.

Within the calculate event of a numeric field, you can count how many C and NC you have by verifying them one by one.

Create a variable for C and a variable for NC and each time you have C value, just add 1 to the variable C and same for NC.

When all radio buttons have been verified, just set the numeric field's value to the variable that you have been incrementing the value for.

Hope this will lead you the right way.

Former Community Member

Thank you, Magnus069,

It took a few minutes to get the variables lined up properly, but it worked!

Thank you!

-John