Expand my Community achievements bar.

Add file/attachment button showing file name next to it (Livecycle Designer ES4)

Level 1

Problem:

I can't seem to figure out how to add an attachment/file button that will also populate the file name of the attachment to the right of it.

Goal:

I'd like to place multiple "add attachment/file" buttons throughout different sections on the form for supporting documentation. Wherever those buttons are, I'd like to ensure that the file names of each attachment are visible next to the button, on the form.

Further Information:

Currently, I have a standard "add attachment" button on the bottom left corner of my form on the Master page so that it's showing as an option for each new page added but that only makes things a bit more complicated when trying to reference the attachments. I believeeee my form is considered a dynamic form (the content is set to flowed/western text throughout) so that the fields can expand and won't overlap. The form is going to be utilized between different area's at different times. If I can ensure the add attachment or file button can be embedded anywhere on the form containing the file name(s), that'd improve the use of this form and process tremendously!

If needed, I can attach the form so that you can see what it looks like. Each time I've googled this, there's not really a great reply because it looks like most are just using acrobat. I'm newer to LiveCycle and am self-taught. So any assistance would be amazing!

Thanks!

Christy

0 Replies