Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add / Delete Table rows

Former Community Member

Hi,

I'm really new to LiveCycle ES 8.2 (JavaScript knowledge = non existant) and am having dificulty creating a table that can add / delete rows.

I found a template that has the funtionality I need, but am unable to reproduce the table. (ref. "Fax Cover Sheet_SW.pdf" http://forums.adobe.com/message/2561553#2561553)

Even when I create a new blank form and then copy / paste the table (subforms: "detailHeader" + "detal") into the new blank form, the table ceases to work. The buttons are no longer clickable when viewed in the LiveCycle "Preview PDF"

In the new blank form, the "Pagination" tab and the "Binding" tab have some or all of their features greyed out.

I've tried the following:

1. Saving the form as an "Adobe Dynamic XML Form (pdf)"
  2. Making sure all the subform "content" fields were set to "Positioned" instead of "Flowed"

What is it that I'm missing as all the JavaScript copied over but for some reason doesn't work.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

4 things you need to correct in your form..

1) Page1 subform needs tobe set to Flowed.

2) Then the Subform1's binding tab will be active. You need to check the checkbox for "Repeat Subform for each data item".

3) In the add button for Subform1 you missed "instanceManager" in the code..

Subform1.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

4) Similarly in the Delete button

Subform1.instanceManager.removeInstance(this.parent.index);

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

4 things you need to correct in your form..

1) Page1 subform needs tobe set to Flowed.

2) Then the Subform1's binding tab will be active. You need to check the checkbox for "Repeat Subform for each data item".

3) In the add button for Subform1 you missed "instanceManager" in the code..

Subform1.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

4) Similarly in the Delete button

Subform1.instanceManager.removeInstance(this.parent.index);

Thanks

Srini