Expand my Community achievements bar.

Activities missing in Workbench- Why?

Level 10

Few of the activities missing in the floating panel. What might be the reason?

I have Super Administrator & Applications administrator permission.

If I login using others login from the same machine it works. But only for my login few of them are missing.

activities missing.PNG

Any suggestions?

Nith

10 Replies

Level 10

What roles do the other users have?

Jasmin

Level 10

Other developers have Application Administrator Role.

The only difference is I'm having Super Admin role which the other users don't have.

Thanks,

Nith

Former Community Member

Hi Nith

I have seen issues with icons on the toolbar in the past. Typcially it was because a Component was not started or installed correctly.

Usually, I would get an initialization error when I first logged into Workbench.

I don't recall seeing any issues based on the role. Just the Application Administrator role gave me all the toolbar icons.

Are you seeing anything in the server log?

Based on the missing icons on your toolbar, the Components to check are:

The Assign Task and Assign Multiple Task (which are missing) appear courtesy of the Task Manager DSC.

The Set Value and Decision Point (which are missing) appear courtesy of the Workflow DSC.

The Email with Document icon (missing) appears courtesy of the Component called Email (The second one with an active service callled EmailService).

The Invoke Web Service icon (missing) appears courtesy of the Component called WebService.

Diana

Level 10

Hi Diana,

The server instance is Production. All the components are running properly. I tired unassign reassign roles, but no luck.

I will try to reinstall Workbench ES2 and see what happens..

Thanks,

Nith

Level 2

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with my workbench.

Why did you solve this problem?

Is it server issue or local workbench instalation problem?

Reinstallation of workbench helped?

P.S

In workbench log I found these error messages:

!MESSAGE failed to get service registry
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.adobe.common.utils.internal.ServiceRegistryCache.findConfigs(ServiceRegistryCache.java:1196)
    at com.adobe.common.utils.internal.ServiceRegistryCache.getHeadActiveConfiguration(ServiceRegistryCache.java:615)
    at com.adobe.workflow.eclipse.utils.registry.ServiceUtils.isWorkflow(ServiceUtils.java:132)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.TemplateDocumentManager.addSteps(TemplateDocumentManager.java:869)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.TemplateDocumentManager.addSwimlanes(TemplateDocumentManager.java:779)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.TemplateDocumentManager.addPools(TemplateDocumentManager.java:754)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.TemplateDocumentManager.init(TemplateDocumentManager.java:687)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.TemplateDocumentManager.<init>(TemplateDocumentManager.java:133)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.FlexProcessDesigner.setInput(FlexProcessDesigner.java:577)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.FlexProcessDesigner.refreshInput(FlexProcessDesigner.java:938)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.FlexProcessDesigner.handleEvent(FlexProcessDesigner.java:1710)
    at com.adobe.ape.api.APEView.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
    at com.adobe.ape.api.APEView.layout(Unknown Source)
    at com.adobe.ape.api.APEViewManager$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:133)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3800)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3425)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2384)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2348)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2200)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:495)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:490)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at com.adobe.lcide.rcp.Application.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)

!ENTRY com.adobe.workflow.editor 4 4 2011-04-04 11:02:17.819
!MESSAGE failed to load image
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.adobe.common.utils.internal.ServiceRegistryCache.findConfigs(ServiceRegistryCache.java:1196)
    at com.adobe.common.utils.internal.ServiceRegistryCache.getHeadActiveConfiguration(ServiceRegistryCache.java:615)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.FlexProcessDesignerPlayerCallback.loadImageFromRepository(FlexProcessDesignerPlayerCallback.java:307)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.TemplateDocumentManager.loadImage(TemplateDocumentManager.java:2352)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.TemplateDocumentManager.addSteps(TemplateDocumentManager.java:873)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.TemplateDocumentManager.addSwimlanes(TemplateDocumentManager.java:779)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.TemplateDocumentManager.addPools(TemplateDocumentManager.java:754)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.TemplateDocumentManager.init(TemplateDocumentManager.java:687)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.TemplateDocumentManager.<init>(TemplateDocumentManager.java:133)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.FlexProcessDesigner.setInput(FlexProcessDesigner.java:577)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.FlexProcessDesigner.refreshInput(FlexProcessDesigner.java:938)
    at com.adobe.workbench.editors.workbenchflexprocessdesigner.FlexProcessDesigner.handleEvent(FlexProcessDesigner.java:1710)
    at com.adobe.ape.api.APEView.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
    at com.adobe.ape.api.APEView.layout(Unknown Source)
    at com.adobe.ape.api.APEViewManager$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:133)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3800)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3425)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2384)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2348)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2200)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:495)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:490)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at com.adobe.lcide.rcp.Application.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)

Former Community Member

Hi everybody,

I have the same issue, some activities are missing only for my login.

I have 3 roles :

- LiveCycle Workspace user

- Workspace administrator

- Service user

Since the activities are not missing for other users, I think that the problem is on the local workbench installation ? Maybe the cache ?

Did you managed to solve your issues ? How ?

Regards,

Thomas

Level 3

Hi Nith,

We faced this issue before the problem was with the user. What we did, we created another user and gave him the same old roles, It worked!!

Why? we did not know.

Hussam

Former Community Member

Hi hussam,

The problem is that my user comes from an Active Directory using LDAP authentication ...

I can't really delete or create an user (i don't want to use local users).

EDIT : Today, the activities came back without problem. It tooks a new LDAP Sync to fix the problem...

Message was edited by: BapediBoupi

Level 1

I am going to necro this very old post because I experienced this today with LiveCycle Workbench ES3. I found the same buttons missing in my toolbar. I also found that someone who logged in to the same server (with their own windows account) and logged into LiveCycle Workbench with the same user (administrator in this case) could see the buttons. Thus the problem was tied to the windows user instead of the LiveCycle user. I fixed the problem by deleting the .metadata folder found in c:\Users\<problem user>\Workbench 10.

This folder also houses important information regarding the local copies of your various applications so I would make sure you are in a good place to delete all local copies and re-download them from the server before deleting the .metadata folder.

I have found that various Workbench issues that I have come across can be fixed by deleting the .metadata folder.

Level 1

I am going to Necro this again. No idea if this forum is even valid anymore and I don't feel like checking. I just want this to come up in google searches when this happens yet again.

Deleting the .metadata folder is probably more than you need to fix this situation. Today I fixed the issue by deleting the .settings folder that was in the folder for the server I was connected to.

For example I was missing the Set Value activity today after Workbench had a random error after deploying. Deleting c:\users\<problem user>\Workbench 6\<problem server>\.settings fixed the issue.

This happened with AEM Forms 6.2 and it's associated Workbench so whatever bug causes it hasn't been fixed as of this release.