Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

8.2 Can't Hide/Make Visible

Former Community Member

In 8.2 I can't make visible a numeric field after changing a check box. I know the script to do this so I think it must be that I have to adjust a setting for the form to be able to do this.  Or is it just not possible in 8.2? The reason I ask is in LiveCycle ES 2 I can easily make the numeric field I have hidden, by checking a check box. I use the action builder and it's no problem.  Then I open the form that was created in 8.2 and I have the same problem of not being able to make a numeric field visible even if I use the action builder in the update version of LiveCycle. Why am I having trouble with the 8.2 version of hiding/make visible a field?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

What option do you have when you use Save As in Designer?

If the form was build completely in Designer you should be able to save as dynamic XML-form.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

Make sure, that the form is saved as dynamic form,

Also, when you use the PDF preview, you need to set the preview in the fprm properties to dynamic too in 8.2, ES2 is always set to dynamic.

Former Community Member

Thanks for your replies. In LiveCycle I opened the pdf form I had created from 8.2. I went to Tools>Options>Document Handling and changed the setting from Static to Dynamic XML Form.  Is this the correct way to save a previous form I already created, to change it from static to dynamic? How do I change to dynamic preview, I am using ES2 to open the form now so I don't think this would be an issue?

Former Community Member

In LC Designer, simply right-click the 'Preview PDF'-tab (the one you click to 'go PDF') and make sure it says 'Dynamic'. Then you'll know for sure.

Former Community Member

Ok, I right clicked on it and it does say static form and does not give me the option to change it. Is there a way to change this form to a dynamic form, the Tools>Option>Doc Handling change only changes newly created forms right?

Level 10

If the form was generated by importing an existing PDF than it cannot changed to dynamic.

Former Community Member

I created it from scratch. I think what I did was convert  a word document into a pdf file.  Then I tried to work with that pdf file in LiveCycle and found it wouldn't work. So I created a form from scratch and saved it under that pdf file name. Maybe this affected it somehow. I wouldnt think it would though.

Correct answer by
Level 10

What option do you have when you use Save As in Designer?

If the form was build completely in Designer you should be able to save as dynamic XML-form.

Former Community Member

That was my problem, I was not saving it as dynamic from the there. Sorry I am such a rook at this. Thanks for your help, it is truly appreciated.