Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

XML binding

Former Community Member
HI,<br />I have a simple requiremet yet i am unable to find help to attain my task.<br /><br />I have an xml data which i want to use to generate pdf. I am not sure how to use the xml elements to populate my pdf. Where do i map saying this element should display here. In my case most of my xml records are generic like <br /><br /><record><key name="abc">...</key><value>xxx</value><record><br /><br />I should be able to specify when name == abc display corresponding value at this place. Most of my place holders are text labels. In designer when i select text object there is no binding tab.<br /><br />Could anybody plese suggest how to accomplish this.<br /><br />Thanks in Advance<br />-A
1 Reply

Former Community Member
AnandTD@adobeforums.com wrote:<br />> HI,<br />> I have a simple requiremet yet i am unable to find help to attain my task.<br />> <br />> I have an xml data which i want to use to generate pdf. I am not sure how to use the xml elements to populate my pdf. Where do i map saying this element should display here. In my case most of my xml records are generic like<br />> <br />> <record><key name="abc">...</key><value>xxx</value><record><br />> <br />> I should be able to specify when name == abc display corresponding value at this place. Most of my place holders are text labels. In designer when i select text object there is no binding tab.<br />> <br />> Could anybody plese suggest how to accomplish this.<br />> <br />> Thanks in Advance<br />> -A<br /><br />You can only bind text fields. You cannot bind static text objects unless you are using floating <br />fields. Your options are to change your place holders to read-only text fields with no captions, or <br />insert floating fields into your text labels. you can read about floating fields in the Designer Help.<br /><br />-- <br />Justin Klei<br />Cardinal Solutions Group<br />www.cardinalsolutions.com