Expand my Community achievements bar.

Alternatives to Reader Extensions

Former Community Member
How can I reader extend my forms without buying ARES from Adobe?

What alternate solutions are available?

TIA,

Stone.
5 Replies

Level 7
>How can I reader extend my forms without buying ARES from Adobe?

>

>What alternate solutions are available?

There is one licensed reseller of the service, in the US:

http://www.formrouter.com/

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
The poster meant alternative company that offers ARES (cheaper) than Adobe. i.e. like how it is with PDF creation.

Level 7
>The poster meant alternative company that offers ARES (cheaper) than Adobe. i.e. like how it is with PDF creation.

How do we know what the original poster meant?

Anyway, there are no alternative providers.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
No, I meant alternative solutions.

My firm wants to give their PDF users the ability to save data on their desktop. Number of users range from one to many. Not many users would have Acrobat installed.

Frankly, the estimate to buy ARES from Adobe is too high. The other company that was mentioned here has too many restrictions on their forms.

Any input is appreciated.

Former Community Member
Stone_Golem wrote:

> No, I meant alternative solutions.

>

> My firm wants to give their PDF users the ability to save data on their desktop. Number of users range from one to many. Not many users would have Acrobat installed.

>

> Frankly, the estimate to buy ARES from Adobe is too high. The other company that was mentioned here has too many restrictions on their forms.

>

> Any input is appreciated.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no other alternatives. ARES enables hidden functionality

within Reader to make it behave more like Acrobat. ARES isn't intended to be a cheaper solution

than purchasing Acrobat...just an alternative deployment option. The pricing for ARES is probably

comparable to what you would pay to purchase Acrobat for all of your users.

I think you're out of luck.

Justin Klei

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com