Expand my Community achievements bar.

XDP post blows up IE

Former Community Member
I've got a dynamic PDF form created with Designer 7.0 that will be populated via Reader v7.0.7. I will be capturing four fields via an XDP post and driving that data to a back-end database application with an ASP page. Here's my problem: when the PDF file is opened within Internet Explorer (PDF file will be hosted on the intranet) the XDP post generates a failure in one of the Reader DLL files. However, when that same file (from the intranet site) is opened in Reader *outside* of the IE environment, the XDP post works beautifully.

I know the issue lies somewhere with what has all been installed within the IE environment, as I have a generic VMWare session with Reader v7.0.7 installed that *does* post successfully from IE. Unfortunately, it's not realistic to expect my user community to have a generic IE configuration....especially when the user population exceeds a few hundred PCs.

Any help that this group can provide will be MOST appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul
1 Reply

Former Community Member
It would appear that we figured the issue out on our own. Turns out that within the Pre-Submit event of our button we make an xfa.host.print call. This call was the 'standard' context that comes along with the PRINT button from the library, i.e. it launches the print dialog box based on the first "1" setting in the config parameters. Unfortunately, IE doesn't like that print dialog...it wants to print silently right to the default printer. We changed the "1" to a "0" and we have had MUCH better success.

Hope this saves someone as much headache and questioning of the platform as we expended in the last 24 hours. ;)