Expand my Community achievements bar.

Set up and access an array

Level 2

I currently use a spreadsheet to do calculations for payment. In this spreadsheet I have set up a table with pipe sizes descriptions, etc. and I use vlookup to access this data. I am now converting the spreadsheets to forms using livecycle and need to understand how I can set up the same in LiveCycle. the data have 2 variables, size and type. Once the pipe size and type are selected (pipesize is a direct entry, pipetype is a dropdown list) I want to be able to access pipedesc, pipepayitem, and pipeod data based on pipesize and pipetype. If I set up a nested array for each pipe type, that has [pipesize, pipedesc, pipepayitem, pipeod] for each nest, how can I access this data from a field? my array will look something like:

var pvc21: array = [[4,"4 inch PVC, SDR-21","603.9804",4.5][6,"6 inch PVC, SDR-21","603.9806",6.625].....]

to access this data from a field called pipepayitem, for 4" pvc, I would expect the pay item to be returned as 603.9804 and so on.

Is the array the way to do this? Is there a better way where the data is embedded in the form?

thanks

any one have any ideas on this one?

3 Replies

Level 2

anybody have any ideas on this one? is there a better way to do this so that the form can be shared and used by oothers?

Level 10

Yes, multi-dimensional array is the option you can opt for this requirement.

If you can send me a mockup form and few sample data, I would try to help on the coding part.

Also if you can send me the excel with few sample data, it would be easy for me to translate the calculations.

Nith

nith.igate@gmail.com

Level 2

Thanks for your help. I am off from work for a few days, but when I return,

I will send the requested items.

thanks again,

Tom