I have two issues, first a workbench crash which I suspect led to a server crash. Please read this in its entirety as I am including the workbench log and then the server log entry. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I have a process with only one service on it - the LDAP service. I can test the service just fine (by using the "Test" button inside the properties for the LDAP service), but I'm also trying to activate the service. When I do that, everything locks up and I have to terminate workbench and relaunch.
It's repeatable as it does this every time I try to activate this process. The .log file under the workbench directory says there is no active service configuration for
service: [amalLDAPProcess]. I am new to this, can you advise as to what that means?
!ENTRY com.adobe.workflow.editor 4 4 2009-01-08 14:51:00.332 !MESSAGE got an unknown exception There is no active service configuration for service: amalLDAP Process loading headConfig for category A_Amal !STACK 0 ALC-DSC-023-000:
There is no active service configuration for service: amalLDAP Process
I already did configure the LDAP service and when I use the LDAP service in my process, the TEST button returns the LDAP attribute I am looking for. So I believe I have LDAP configured properly. My process basically takes a form, goes to LDAP to get the manager, and adds the manager name on the form.
I gave up for the evening only to discover that today the livecycle server (service) was down and our server engineer was unable to start the service. After a 70 minute startup, it finally came up (and loading workbench and connecting to the server was really slow). Here is the server log entry. The error messages in the Websphere logs indicate a time-out issue, possibly attempting to connect to the datastore.
I started the services around 11:30am, and the application was not up until 12:40pm. Can you please forward the log entries below to Adobe, to see if they can identify the nature of the problem?
[1/9/09 11:40:01:062 EST] 00000016 SibMessage I [IDP_JMS_Bus:MIBTSASW03Node01.server1-IDP_JMS_Bus] CWSIS1538I: The messaging engine, ME_UUID=62C3CBD16BCAA972, INC_UUID=6C286C28BC38EAED, is attempting to obtain an exclusive lock on the data store.
[1/9/09 11:40:02:546 EST] 0000002b ThreadMonitor W WSVR0605W: Thread "server.startup : 1" (0000001e) has been active for 695281 milliseconds and may be hung. There is/are 1 thread(s) in total in the server that may be hung.
[1/9/09 11:40:06:078 EST] 00000016 SibMessage I [IDP_JMS_Bus:MIBTSASW03Node01.server1-IDP_JMS_Bus] CWSIS1546I: The messaging engine, ME_UUID=62C3CBD16BCAA972, INC_UUID=6C286C28BC38EAED, has lost an existing lock or failed to gain an initial lock on the data store.
[1/9/09 11:43:12:875 EST] 00000015 SibMessage E [IDP_JMS_Bus:MIBTSASW03Node01.server1-IDP_JMS_Bus] CWSIS0002E: The messaging engine encountered an exception while starting. Exception: com.ibm.ws.sib.msgstore.PersistenceException: CWSIS1501E: The data source has produced an unexpected exception: com.ibm.ws.sib.msgstore.persistence.ConnectionUnavailableException: Connection cannot be provided as Datasource has been disabled!
[1/9/09 11:43:12:968 EST] 00000016 SibMessage I [IDP_JMS_Bus:MIBTSASW03Node01.server1-IDP_JMS_Bus] CWSIS1546I: The messaging engine, ME_UUID=62C3CBD16BCAA972, INC_UUID=6C286C28BC38EAED, has lost an existing lock or failed to gain an initial lock on the data store.
[1/9/09 11:43:12:984 EST] 00000015 ConnectionEve A J2CA0056I: The Connection Manager received a fatal connection error from the Resource Adapter for resource IDP_DS. The exception which was received is (none)
[1/9/09 11:43:12:984 EST] 00000015 ConnectionEve A J2CA0090I: This is an English onl
The configuration of Java messaging in your WebSphere environment is not correct.
The messaging engine, ME_UUID=62C3CBD16BCAA972, INC_UUID=6C286C28BC38EAED, has lost an existing lock or failed to gain an initial lock on the data store.
Typically, the WebSphere Service Integration Bus (SIB) will have a messaging engine attached to it. This can be a single server or a cluster. In any case, it needs an EXCLUSIVE lock on the JMS tables in the database (they start with SIB...) and currently they can't.
RESOLUTION: I wanted to post a follow up resolution to this problem. It turns out that the JMS had stopped, because the id that the livecycle server uses to connect to the DB2 system tables had expired. When we changed the password (and subsequently chnaged the id to be non-expiring so this wouldn't happen again), we restarted the livecycle service within websphere. Turns out we should have restarted websphere entirely. Once we did that, we were up and running again. Just wanted to post this so that others have more information in the event they experience this.