Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Weblogic for Adobe LiveCycle service

Former Community Member
PLEASE HELP!!!

Adobe's install document references a certain service in their install documentation for WebLogic under the troubleshooting section. Apparently there is supposed to be a certain "WebLogic for Adobe LiveCycle service" but I don't see this in my services list.

Was this supposed to be created automatically?

Was I supposed to create this?

Did I skip a step or something?

Please give some insight.

Thank You :)
2 Replies

Former Community Member
The reason why I need to know this is because I'm getting the following error msg when trying to convert a native file (Microsoft Office Application eg. .doc, .xls etc...):

Error Code:1000

Error Message: ALC-PDG-001-000-Conversion failed because of an exception. EJB Exception: : java.lang.IllegalStateException: Connection to failed service. at com.adobe.service.ResourcePooler.allocateResource(ResourcePooler.java:87) at com.adobe.service.ConnectionFactoryManagerPeer.getConnectionResourceFromPool(ConnectionFactoryManagerPeer.java:79) at com.adobe.service.J2EEConnectionFactoryManagerPeerImpl.getConnection(J2EEConnectionFactoryManagerPeerImpl.java:84) at com.adobe.service.ConnectionFactoryRmiAdapter.getConnection(ConnectionFactoryRmiAdapter.java:53) at com.adobe.service.ConnectionFactoryRmiAdapter_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown Source) at weblogic.rmi.internal.ServerRequest.sendReceive(ServerRequest.java:174) at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicRemoteRef.java:223) at com.adobe.service.ConnectionFactoryRmiAdapter_921_WLStub.getConnection(Unknown Source) at com.adobe.pdfg.bmc.invoker.NativeToPDFInvokerBean.convertToPdf(NativeToPDFInvokerBean.java:219) at com.adobe.pdfg.bmc.invoker.NativeToPDFInvokerBean.convertPDFMToPdf(NativeToPDFInvokerBean.java:182) at com.adobe.pdfg.bmc.invoker.NativeToPDFInvoker_jj0gsk_ELOImpl.convertPDFMToPdf(NativeToPDFInvoker_jj0gsk_ELOImpl.java:137) at com.adobe.pdfg.Native2PdfCaller.callNativeBMC(Native2PdfCaller.java:646) at com.adobe.pdfg.Native2PdfCaller.createPDF(Native2PdfCaller.java:263) at com.adobe.pdfg.GeneratePDFImpl.createPDF(GeneratePDFImpl.java:257) at jrockit.reflect.VirtualNativeMethodInvoker.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:336) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doNotSupported(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:236) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapter_z73hg_ELOImpl.doNotSupported(EjbTransactionCMTAdapter_z73hg_ELOImpl.java:145) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:107) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44) at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:93) ; nested exception is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Connection to failed service.

The supposed fix is the above post, which is to utilize the "This Account" functionality under the Log On tab for the "WebLogic for Adobe LiveCycle service" and change it to the same user that was used to install Microsoft Office. However, I can't find that service.

Level 4
If you installed the LiveCycle 'turnkey' option, then the services should have been created.

1 service for the WL Admin Server

1 service for the WL Node Manager

1 service for MySQL