Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Upload / Attach File in form

Former Community Member
I'm new to the LiveCycle Designer, so please bare with me.

I need to design a form that will allow a user to link/attach files. When the user submits the form we would like the form to link to the documents like a hyperlink.

Please help the newbie.
284 Replies

Level 10
Hi Paul, could you please send me a copy as well?

jono.moore@qp.gov.bc.ca

It would be cool if Adobe offered some form of code repository.

Former Community Member
Received the script and my form now can browse/attach files and launch an email. However, the recipient receives the email with an xml attatchment? Paul's email instructed me to 'extend' something in Reader? Sorry, need more help here please. What I'm trying to do is create a form that users can complete fields and attatch files to the form. Thank you for your help in advance!

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

I have a requirement to open up a pdf in Adobe pro thru our web application, the user makes the necessary changes and submits the pdf to an action (.do). I beleive I could include a javascript in the pdf document to save the document on user's local hard drive with saveAs. Can I submit that pdf document back to my application some how ? Do you have a script which could do something similar. I will appreciate it if you will let me know whether it is possible or not. Thanks

amian

Level 2
>Received the script and my form now can browse/attach files and launch an email. However, the recipient receives the email with an xml attatchment? Paul's email instructed me to 'extend' something in Reader? Sorry, need more help here please. What I'm trying to do is create a form that users can complete fields and attatch files to the form. Thank you for your help in advance!>

You'll need to Reader-enable your PDF in Acrobat Pro. under the Advanced > Extend Features in Adobe Reader menu. This will allow recipients who are using Reader to complete and save data in the form.

Former Community Member
My company's firewall has blocked access to the share.acrobat.com site, so I'll need a copy of the attachments code emailed to me at rswift@kcp.com.

I'm also looking for a way to just open/view the attachments pane in Reader, and/or show a count of the number of attachments currently contained in the PDF form. I'm hoping the sample script will provide clues needed to accomplish this. Thanks in advance.

Former Community Member
Hi,

Just been trying to use the sample script. It looks and works great initially but when i extend acrobat reader rights the add file button stops functioning.

Has anyone else had this?

Am I doing something wrong with permissions??

Thanks,

Peter

Former Community Member
As I mentioned in the email the file must be extended using Reader Extensions server and NOT ACROBAT. Acrobat does not turn on the file attachment rights.

Former Community Member
Hi Lori. I can't find the 'Advanced > Extend Features in Adobe Reader' menu. Is that because I'm in Acrobat Pro 8?

Level 2
In Acrobat 8 Pro., the command is located under Advanced > Enable Usage Rights in Reader. This will allow recipients with Reader to save the form data but it does not reader-enable the file so recipients with Reader can attach files -- you'll need the Server product to do this as Paul mentions above. Or, use the alternative he mentions in the beginning of the thread.

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could send me the script as well. My email is cookc@firemtn.com

Thank you very much!

Former Community Member
Hi Ikassuba. Sorry for having an extra bowl to stupid this morning, but are you saying that I need another product besides Acrobat Pro and Live Cycle to create this PDF form that will attach and send files along with other form data? Like "LiveCycle Reader Extensions server" someone said....? Cheers

Level 1
I would also appreciate a copy of this script.

My address is bcoonATdot.state.tx.us

Level 1
See post #231 for this code.

Level 2
The link given in post #231 is not getting opened up.

Please help.

My requirement is

I need to have a browse button the PDF that lets the user upload any type of document and send it across through the workflow.

Any kind of help in this would be appreciated.

My e-mail : yogesh249@gmail.com

Please reply.

Thanks.

Level 2
I got some help from Kim Williams.

But the Pdf that I have got from him, doesn't seems to work.

Nothing happens when i click the Add file button.

only the color of the button changes for a fraction of second.

I have read somwhere that I need to Enable usage rights in Acrobat reader in this forum only.

If anyone has the idea, please help me at yogesh249@gmail.com

Thanks.

Yogesh

Former Community Member
Remember that if you are using Reader that you must Reader Extend the file to allow attachments to work

Level 4
Hi Paul,

Like the many many others who have posted to this thread, I would be extremely appreciative if you would send me the script that allows a user to attach a document to a PDF form. Our clients need to submit supporting information with their pdf on-line application form.

My e-mail is bluey72@live.com.

Regards

Julie.