Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Unable to read TLD "META-INF/jsf_core.tld" from JAR file "file:

Former Community Member
Hallo everybody :-)<br /><br />i've installed Workflow-Server + ARES + FormManager. When i call localhost:8080/adminui i can log in and the browser loads the next site --> it fails and says:<br /><br />org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to read TLD "META-INF/jsf_core.tld" from JAR file "file:/C:/Adobe/LiveCycle/jboss/server/all/tmp/deploy/tmp56414LiveCycle.ear-contents/adminui.war/WEB-INF/lib/jsf-impl.jar": org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate TagExtraInfo class: com.sun.faces.taglib.FacesTagExtraInfo<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:50)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:409)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:183)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:181)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:418)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:483)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1539)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:126)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.java:220)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:101)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:203)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:470)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:451)<br /> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)<br /> org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:511)<br /> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:295)<br /> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)<br /> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)<br /> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)<br /> com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ExternalContextImpl.java:322)<br /> com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:130)<br /> com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:87)<br /> com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:200)<br /> com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:117)<br /> javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:198)<br /> com.adobe.framework.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:177)<br /> com.adobe.idp.um.auth.filter.PortalSSOFilter.doFilter(PortalSSOFilter.java:106)<br /> com.adobe.framework.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:161)<br /><br />Any idea what' wrong?<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Valerio
6 Replies

Level 9
Hi

The stack trace says it's something to do with compiling and/or parsing XML, so I'd imagine you're using an incompatible version of the JDK, or possibly incorrect versions of certain library files.

JDK: Best results are with 1.4.2_06 to 1.4.2_08, and it must be JDK, not JRE. Anything else has been reported to cause problems.

Library files: Are you using Turnkey Jboss install, or your own. There are several tweaks you need to perform to a standard JBoss to use it for Livecycle. I'd recommend getting it going with the Turnkey JBoss first.

Good luck

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

thank you for your post.

I actually new about the problems with the jvm version. Still i wanted to ask, cause there are different reports on this `java problems` and even though the 1.4.2_08 seems to be the best version (by the way this version is not to be downloaded any longer *sig*), there are people getting all installed with other versions. I couldn't find any regularity in the misbehavior of the servers while installing.

I finally achieved and got everything working ... but very slow. Loading the adminui or BAM features takes very long time (over one minute). Have you already had this delay. Any hint?

Thanks again,

Valerio

Level 9
No, adminui comes up pretty much within a few seconds.

Sorry, can't offer you any advice there...

Howard

Former Community Member
I didn't get any delay, but did get this exception as well recently with the 1.4.2_11 version of the JDK. It only happens on the initial start of the server and never occurs again and everything is running correctly. Looks like just an oddity at the moment

Former Community Member
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to read TLD "META-INF/jsf_core.tld" from JAR file "file:/C:/KP/apache-tomcat-6.0.14/webapps/JSFReg/WEB-INF/lib/jsf-impl.jar": org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate TagLibraryValidator class: com.sun.faces.taglib.jsf_core.CoreValidator

Former Community Member
I got the below error while i am try to do the jsf first application pls give some idea for below exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to read TLD "META-INF/jsf_core.tld" from JAR file "file:/C:/KP/apache-tomcat-6.0.14/webapps/JSFReg/WEB-INF/lib/jsf-impl.jar": org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate TagLibraryValidator class: com.sun.faces.taglib.jsf_core.CoreValidator