Expand my Community achievements bar.

Total newbie with questions

Former Community Member
Hi, I've just started trying to create forms with Designer 7.0. I have managed to import a Word document and have found it easy to tweak the appearance and add different types of fields, but I have a couple of questions that I just can't figure out.

1. I have created text fields in certain areas, but when I preview the PDF, there is a "T" at the beginning of each field that I can't delete. How can I get rid of this marker?

2. I have to add several signature fields to some of the forms, and want at least one signature to make the entire form read-only. The forms will be electronically signed, and it is essential that no changes can be made once the signature has been applied, and that the signature itself cannot be copied and pasted into another record. How do I do that in Designer 7.0?

Thanks in advance. I'm sure these are pretty easy functions, but I just can't seem to figure them out on my own.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Lisa, I am a Newbie also but I know the answer to question # 1. Read the post below that addresses this issue:

David O'Hanlon, "Getting rid of all the little T's and D's and e's when viewing" #1, 23 Feb 2005 4:1...

Hope this helps!

Former Community Member
2. When you digitally sign a document, there is a green check mark that appears in the signature field. When you change the document, or sign a second field, that green check mark turns into a green check mark with a yellow caution triangle, indicating that the document has been changed since it was signed (in this example a new signature was added, but it could just as easily have been content that was changed). I assume that with Javascript you could go through and make all the fields read-only, but I'm not sure what you'd be accomplishing, since the signature field shows whether or not anything has been changed.

I don't know of a way to copy signatures into another record, so I think you're safe there.

Mike

Mike Potter

Adobe Enterprise Developer Relations

Former Community Member
I'm a newbie also...I do know that in order to make the form "Read Only" you must change the property "Type" under the "Value" tab to "Read Only" to make the form read-only. You must do this for every field.

You can also go to File, Form Properties, then click PDF Security. Under Permissions, click "Use a password to restrict printing and editing of the document and its security settings." Then make the necessary changes.

Former Community Member
Thank you, everyone, for the assistance. With your help, I was able to create the necessary forms.