Expand my Community achievements bar.

This operation violates your permissions configuration after signing a pdf form

Former Community Member
Hello,

We have problems with pdf forms created in LiveCycle Designer 8.0 after signing the form. The form only contains a couple of text fields and drop-down selections with some simple scripting calculating values.

Most fields are set to "lock" after signing the document. After the signature has been applied a message pops up "This operation violates your permissions configuration"???

Clicking the signature field shows that the form may has been changed after signing the form. Further information shows the message "There have been NO changes made to this document since this signature was applied."

If we uncheck "Lock Fields after signing the document" we do not get an errormessage.

We appreciate any help we can get!

Thank you
6 Replies

Former Community Member
I found the problem after testing around for several hours.

We had "read only" fields in the form, obviously you cannot just select lock fields after signing. I created a collection and unchecked all read-only fields. Now it is working.

Former Community Member
Thank you for this, after having the same problem this is what I needed.

Former Community Member
I am getting the same "This operation violates your permissions configuration" error. However, I want the entire PDF submitted, not just the data. I did have a few Read Only fields and some locked text (wish I could figure out when my text is locked or not; I can't tell, not really a toggle there, you're just supposed to know if you're locking or unlocking with the "lock" I guess).

Anyway, the collection doesn't matter if I want the entire PDF sent back digitally signed. I used a generic button and made it a submit button and chose PDF instead of XML. I got rid of read only fields, still have the error. Any other ideas?

Former Community Member
Update to my last post: I found what was causing my permissions configuration error. I cannot have the user submit the PDF unless I purchase the Live Cycle Reader Extensions software ($1,495.00). When I changed my Submit option to XML instead of PDF or PDF/XML package, the error disappeared and the email submission went through with the XML file attached.

Former Community Member
Thought it did, but it didn't. I give up. My hands are in the air. I had no problems with Acrobat 5 forms. With complexity I guess you lose some of the simple, highly functional, working, features.

Former Community Member
I'm not sure if there is a post already in relation to my Q. I need assistance with setting permissions on a pdf form... Or is it even possible?

I am distributing forms to members of staff. Once they fill in the data on the form, they are to submit the form via email to our supervisor.

Our supervisor would like to receive the form locked. In order words, he wont be able to make any edits to the submitted form.

How can i create a form which ONLY makes provision to be used by the desired employee only... and no one else.

Please help.

Thanks,

Fernanda