Expand my Community achievements bar.

Text Field not shown in Adobe 6.0 and 7.0

Former Community Member
I created a simple pdf file with a text field in Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.0. After I fill the text field with a third party tool in a program, the field's value dosen't appear in Adobe Professional 7.0 while appears in Adobe Professional 6.0. What is a problem? Does some settings will affect this case?

Thanks for any answer...
13 Replies

Former Community Member
Can you tell me what is that third party tool that you mentioned in your post?

Former Community Member
When you design your form in Designer 7, did you save it as Acrobat 6 compatible static form?

You might want to save it as other type to see if the problem goes away.

Former Community Member
Thanks for your reply.

I have set the three types. The problem is still there.

en... It is a strange problem...

Former Community Member
I have another problem. It seems no place to set the font of the text field in Designer 7.0.

Former Community Member
Sorry, I have seen it on the top of the menu.

Former Community Member
I am not familiar with the Aspose.pdf component. I would check with Aspose.pdf tech support to see if the version of the component that you use will support xfa based forms that you created using Designer 7.

Former Community Member
Thanks for your help.

But what is xfa based forms ? where can get help doc about it?

Level 1
xfa forms are from Adobe Designer (bundled with Acrobat 7 Professional, Windows), and XML based. They only work with 7, or 6 patched appropriately (either 6.0.2, or 6.0.3 - I forget which). AcroForms are from Acrobat 4-7, and work with all of those versions, though there are features that only work with certain versions.

Noah Katz

Former Community Member
Thanks for your reply.

I had another test recently.

I save a pdf as a "compatible with 6.0" type which is created by Adobe Designer 7.0. After I opened it in 6.0 and filled the text field, it worked well. But when I opened it in 7.0, all the value was lost.

Is 7.0 not well compatible with 6.0? What could I do if I created pdf with 7.0 and the users use 6.0 (you know, I can't request all the users to use new 7.0)?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Former Community Member
Did you have a chance to check with the Aspose.pdf tech support?

It sounds like this component only support acroform.

You can test this by trying to create an acroform using Acrobat 7 and open it in Acrobat 7 to see if the value populate.

Former Community Member
Thanks for your advice.

It is really that the acroform created by Acrobat 7 worked well in 6.0 and Aspose.

I think the form which is created by Acrobat 7 and Designer 7 is the same before. Now I know that I am wrong.

Thanks again for your advice.

Best regards.