Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Text field displaying previously entered text

Former Community Member
I am creating forms to be used by human resources, and I have noticed that the text boxes are displaying previously entered text in a drop down fashion to choose from. I do not want it to do this as this could compromise confidentially between a boss and an employee. How do I turn this off? I am working in LiveCycle that I got with my Adobe CS3 package.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
That is a function of Acrobat/Reader. If it sees a field with a soecific name then it will buffer up the entries that you have mode in that field to help you fill out the form. Those entries are unique to the machine where the form is being filled out. So you are sharing the machine then each user will only have access to the entries that they made.

If you want to turn it off anyways there is a setting in Acrobat/Reader that will turn it off. In Acrobat/Reader under the Edit/Preferences menu choose Forms. On that dialog ensure that the uto Complete drop down is set to Off.

Former Community Member
I thought maybe that was the case. I just needed to be sure that I wouldn't set up our clients to share personal information across a company through our forms. Thank you!