Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Table of Contents

Former Community Member
I am using LiveCycle Assembler to generate an assembled document of multiple forms. I am able to receive a complete and accurate assembly of all the input forms and data in a result document. However the table of contents(TOC) of the result document (the TOC here lists the input forms) does not display the page numbers correctly: certain forms in the TOC have the page number displayed as "1" even though the forms are placed several pages deep in the result document. This issue is observed with pdf forms created from artwork, pdf forms created from XDP display there corresponding page numbers fine.

I am trying to have the TOC display the page number based on the page number alloted to the form in the final complete result document. I believe it is just a display issue as the page numbers of subsequent forms are not reset every time a 1 is encountered in the TOC, ie forms that do not throw a 1 in the TOC display there page numbers with respect to their exact position in the final result document.

I have tried several options and alterations to the DDX document however I have not been able to get an increasing list of page numbers in the TOC.

I would greatly appreciate any help towards the same.

Thank you,

Nikhil.
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Can you post the DDX that you're using? Its hard to know what might be wrong here... perhaps its confusion on page label vs. actual page number?

Don

Former Community Member
Hey Don:<br /><br />Thanks for your response, please find below the DDX document for the same. I have also shown what the TOC looks like with this DDX document.<br />____________________________________________________________________<br />DDX Document:<br />------------<br /><br /><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <br /> <DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/"><br /> <PDF result="Result"><br /> <TableOfContents bookmarkTitle="Table of Contents"><br /> <TableOfContentsEntryPattern><br /> <StyledText><br /> <p font="Arial,10pt"><br /> <_BookmarkTitle /> <br /> <leader leader-pattern="dotted" /> <br /> <_BookmarkPageCitation /> <br /> </p><br /> </StyledText><br /> </TableOfContentsEntryPattern><br /> </TableOfContents><br /> <Watermark opacity="0.2" rotation="45"><br /> <StyledText><br /> <p font="Arial, 60pt"><br /> <b>DEMO</b> <br /> </p><br /> </StyledText><br /> </Watermark><br /> <PDF source="Form1" bookmarkTitle="Form 1" /> <br /> <PDF source="Form2" bookmarkTitle="Form 2"><br /> <NoForms /> <br /> </PDF><br /> <PDF source="Form3" bookmarkTitle="Form 3"><br /> <NoForms /> <br /> </PDF><br /> </PDF><br /> </DDX><br />_____________________________________________________________________<br />Table of Contents on Result Document:<br />------------------------------------<br /><br />Table of Contents......................................1<br />Form 1.................................................1<br />Form 2.................................................4<br />Form 3.................................................1<br /><br />Here Form 2 is genetrated from XDP (and works fine), the rest ie Form 1 and Form 3 are forms with artworks(and show a "1" for page number).<br /><br />______________________________________________________________________<br />The actual TOC should look something like:<br />Table of Contents......................................1<br />Form 1.................................................2<br />Form 2.................................................4<br />Form 3.................................................7

Former Community Member
The DDX Document did not display correctly on the forums page, I am adding a "//" in front and end of each line of my DDX document,so that the text of my DDX document does not interfer with the forums page again.<br /><br />Resending DDX Document:<br /><br />//<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> //<br />//<DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/">//<br />//<PDF result="Result">//<br />//<TableOfContents bookmarkTitle="Table of Contents">//<br />//<TableOfContentsEntryPattern>//<br />//<StyledText>//<br />//<p font="Arial,10pt">//<br />//<_BookmarkTitle /> //<br />//<leader leader-pattern="dotted" /> //<br />//<_BookmarkPageCitation />// <br />//</p>//<br />//</StyledText>//<br />//</TableOfContentsEntryPattern>//<br />//</TableOfContents>//<br />//<Watermark opacity="0.2" rotation="45">//<br />//<StyledText>//<br />//<p font="Arial, 60pt">//<br />//<b>DEMO</b> //<br />//</p>//<br />//</StyledText>//<br />//</Watermark>//<br />//<PDF source="Form1" bookmarkTitle="Form 1" />// <br />//<PDF source="Form2" bookmarkTitle="Form 2">//<br />//<NoForms /> //<br />//</PDF>//<br />//<PDF source="Form3" bookmarkTitle="Form 3">//<br />//<NoForms /> //<br />//</PDF>//<br />//</PDF>//<br />//</DDX>//

Former Community Member
Contents of the DDX document w/o the angular brackets at the begining and end of each line.

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?

DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/"

PDF result="Result"

TableOfContents bookmarkTitle="Table of Contents"

TableOfContentsEntryPattern

StyledText

p font="Arial,10pt"

_BookmarkTitle /

leader leader-pattern="dotted" /

_BookmarkPageCitation /

/p

/StyledText

/TableOfContentsEntryPattern

/TableOfContents

Watermark opacity="0.2" rotation="45"

StyledText

p font="Arial, 60pt"

b

DEMO

/b

/p

/StyledText

/Watermark

PDF source="Form1" bookmarkTitle="Form 1" /

PDF source="Form2" bookmarkTitle="Form 2"

NoForms /

/PDF

PDF source="Form3" bookmarkTitle="Form 3"

NoForms /

/PDF

/PDF

/DDX

Former Community Member
You need to use:

PageLabel format="Decimal" command.

Carol

Former Community Member
Hi,<br /><br />i faced the same behavior using a pdf created by PDF creator from word. here is my DDX, as you see i used the PageLabel format="Decimal" but i still get all page numbers in the TOC as "1".<br />any ideas?<br /><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><br /><DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/"><br /> <PDF result="result.pdf"><br /> <Header><br /> <Left><br /> <StyledText><br /> <p>My Left Header</p><br /> </StyledText><br /> </Left><br /> </Header><br /> <Footer><br /> <Right><br /> <StyledText><br /> <p> Page <_PageNumber/> of <_LastPageNumber/></p><br /> </StyledText><br /> </Right><br /> </Footer><br /> <TableOfContents bookmarkTitle="Table of Contents"><br /> <PageLabel format="Decimal"/><br /> <TableOfContentsEntryPattern><br /> <StyledText><br /> <p><br /> <_BookmarkTitle/><br /> <leader leader-pattern="solid"/><br /> <_BookmarkPageCitation/><br /> </p><br /> </StyledText><br /> </TableOfContentsEntryPattern><br /> </TableOfContents><br /> <PDF source="first.pdf" bookmarkTitle="my first page" includeInTOC="true"/> <br /> <PDF source="second.pdf" bookmarkTitle="my second page" includeInTOC="true"/><br /> <PDF source="DUMMY.pdf" bookmarkTitle="dummy" includeInTOC="true" /><br /> <PDF source="third.pdf" bookmarkTitle="my third page" includeInTOC="false" /><br /> <PDF source="fourth.pdf" bookmarkTitle="my fourth page" includeInTOC="true"/><br /> </PDF><br /></DDX>

Former Community Member
Because PageLabel's default mode is "Define", each of your PDF source documents will be starting over with page label of 1. I would suggest a DDX structure along the lines of (I'll omit the element brackets):

DDX

PDF result=result.pdf

PageLabel format=Decimal

TableOfContents ... /TableOfContents

PDF source=first.pdf

PDFGroup

PageLabel mode=Continue // note: leave Decimal format in scope, but change mode to Continue

PDF source=second.pdf

PDF source=DUMMY.pdf

PDF source=third.pdf

PDF source=fourth.pdf

/PDFGroup

/PDF

/DDX

The other option would be to use different prefixes for the PageLabel element for each PDF source