Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Tabing into radio buttons

Former Community Member
I have set the tab order to include radio buttons that are in a group, but when running the form I cannot tab into the radio buttons. Is there a reason

why I cannot tab into them.

Thanks

Bill Winter
11 Replies

Former Community Member
I found that when you tab into a group of radio buttons, you need to use the arrow key to navigate the radio buttons and use the "space bar" to select it.

Former Community Member
The problem is the radio button is in the tab order but you can never tab into them.

Former Community Member
Hi Bill,

You can try this. As soon as you tab out of the field right before the radio button group, use your space bar on the keyboard to select the first radio button in the group and arror buttons to navigate to other radio button in that group.

Let me know if you can select the radio button this way.

Former Community Member
Hi Jimmyham thanks for the help.

The only way that I can get into the radio buttons is by clicking into it with the mouse. once in the radio button group I can arrow back and forth between the two and then I can tab to the next radio button group but it skips the text boxes that should come before it.

Former Community Member
Bill,

Have you had any success yet? I am very frustrated by this problem and can't find anyone who can help with it.

Susan

Level 9
I experience various problems with radio buttons, then upgraded to the latest version of Reader/Designer, and all my problems went away.

Not sure if this will help you, but worth a try.

Howard

Former Community Member
Howard,

What version of Designer are you using? 7.1?

Former Community Member
Bill, I also have the problem of the radio button group being skipped altogether when tabbing through the form. I tried creating a new form from scratch, and radio buttons could be tabbed into, but Shift+Tab skipped on the way back. It seems there is something wrong with radio buttons.

I even tried using script on the exit event of the text field before the radio button group, but couldn't get that to work either. I'm now considering using checkboxes and scripting the behaviour to mimic radio buttons. What a hassle!

I am using Designer 7.0, so maybe I have to upgrade too.

C'mon Adobe, I've searched all these forums plus other websites like PlanetPDF, and no-one has an answer to the radio button tabbing issue. Is it a bug??

Former Community Member
Well, I have downloaded Designer 7.1 trial version, but that has not fixed the radio button issue. :(

Former Community Member
Well, I may have a solution to the tabbing into radio boxes issue:

I have scripted the text field prior to the radio button group (TextField1) to have an *exit* event of:

xfa.host.setFocus("RadioButton1")

Then set the RadioButton1 group to have an *exit* event of:

xfa.host.setFocus("TextField2")

But, for some reason the focus was set to the next radio button group, and continued to tab through all other radio button groups that previously I could not access with the tab key???

So, I set the *enter* event of TextField2 to set focus to itself (which is completely stupid, but it works):

xfa.host.setFocus("TextField2")

Former Community Member
Kind of, sort of related to this is the question how does one skip fields in the tabbing order?