Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submit By Email?

Former Community Member
Hello,

I'm trying to add a submit by email button to a form that I'm working on, and I have it set to submit the XML Data Package (XDP), however, the button does not work for my users who have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7). It comes up with a message that says operation is not permitted. I was wondering if you could tell me what versions of the free reader the submit by email button works for and/or what I could do to make it work for them?

Thanks!

- Natalie
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Are you trying to submit the PDF stuffed in the XDP? If so you can't do that from Reader. Otherwise there should be no problem submitted an XDP from any version of Reader.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
No I'm not trying to stuff the PDF in the XDP. I'm not sure what's going on. Could it be the format that I save the form in? I'm saving it as a static PDF form.

Help! :(

Natalie

Former Community Member
Tough to say what could be wrong then. Does the attached form work for you?

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
The attachment works for everyone with updated versions of adobe acrobat reader. If the test version works, I can't understand why my form would not work. Also, is there anyway to make the submit by email button work properly for people with earlier versions of the software such as version 6?

Thanks in advance.

- Natalie

Former Community Member
I used ConvertIFD.exe in="Sample.IFD" out ="Sample.XDP" and got my XDP file But i need PDF format.. I don't know that how to convert XDP to PDF.

I have tried ConvertIFD.exe in="Sample.IFD" out ="Sample.PDF" ..No luck

Any ideas..

Thanks,

Palani