Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Submit by Email

Former Community Member
I designed a form in Designer to be filled out and submitted via email. I can submit the form via email and so can anyone with Acrobat Professional...

However the majority of the people using the form have Reader 7.0 and cannot submit the form via email. They can type in the form, use all the links, print the form etc. but an error message appears when they click the 'submit by email' button - it wont even open a new message in outlook. The error message says, "This operation is not permitted."

Any ideas?
2 Replies

Former Community Member
The problem is you are only desiging the form and using it in Professional. But if you want to use this form Acrobat Reader then you need to Extend that Form using Adobe Reader Extended server which come in the package of Adobe LiveCycle Server.

You cannot use a form without reader extended on Adobe Reader.

Former Community Member
I have adobe acrobat professional 7.0 and I can't seem to open adobe designer to create form while I am in adobe acrobat. I have to quit adobe acrobat and open adobe designer independently to create form.

Any idea about how to fix this problem---I have installed adobe professional several times still doesn't solve the problem