Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Submit by Email function

Former Community Member
I have created a form using the Submit by email button. When testing the function I get this text as the default body of the email. Where can I change this as I want the people filling out this form to see custom information.

The attached file contains data that was entered into a form. It is not the form itself.

The recipient of this data file should save it locally with a unique name. Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later can process this data by importing it back into the blank form or creating a spreadsheet from several data files. See Help in Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 for more details.
158 Replies

Former Community Member
CHris Could you please upload that example again. i'm still kinda new to all this. I got thrown in this position when the last guy gave it up. Thanks for you help!

Former Community Member
didnt find the previous sample, heres something similar... with a textfield whose content becomes the text in the 'subject' field.. also radio buttons which depending on their value specifies the email recipients.

http://download356.mediafire.com/vjljdloyitmg/icoet6g2mdz/submit+1.pdf

if the link doesn't work, use this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=93fb44155d9beda1d2db6fb9a8902bda

Former Community Member
How do you disable usage rights in LiveCycle?

Former Community Member
I guess my follow-up question is: If I've designed a form in LiveCycle (8.0) and I want to distribute it and have end users complete the form and sned back xml data with "Submit by Email" - do the end users have to have a full version of Acrobat (Standard or Pro) or can they use Acrobat Reader?

The really funny thing is that i've had no issues designing a form and playing around with it myself, but it never works beyond "the lab". This is VERY frustrating and doesn't seem to ever be spelled out.

Former Community Member
for usage rights, I think all you need to do is make a change in LiveCycle Designer and save it. Every time I make changes I have to go back into professional 8 and enable usage rights, so I would think that would "disable" them.

for your follow-up question. The way it's supposed to work is if you enable usage rights in profession 8.0, then they should be able to complete the form and send back data from Reader.

Former Community Member
for sending back data (rather than the complete PDF), from my experience, you do NOT need extended usage rights.. as long as the email client (e.g. Outlook) is set up correctly on the users PC, they shouldn't face any problems using only Reader. We've been distributing such forms to thousands of users before the extended usage thing was available.

Former Community Member
What's really odd is that the end users I've been testing with are completing the form and clicking the Submit by Email button and it asks which mail program they want to use - the whole shebang. It then gives them the message that that Acrobat has handed it off to Outlook.

However, when you enter Outlook there is nothing in their Sent folder or their Outbox.

Weird.

Former Community Member
Hoooray. I tried your suggestion about editing the form in LiveCycle, then saving it and enabling the usage rights again in Acrobat 8 - and it worked.

Thanks again.

Former Community Member
I'm trying to apply for a job using an online application on the company's website. The company uses adobe reader. After filling out all the information I click on the submit by email button and get a message saying, "please on enter numerical data for your DOB, etc 01/01/2005 should be entered as 01012005." This is frustrating because I am entering the information as the program asks. After entering my DOB in purely numerical form Adobe adds "/"es after I click on another box. Furthermore, a friend of has successfully filled out the data and submitted the form. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Former Community Member
I created a form using Live Cycle and included both a print button and an email button. Is there a way to populate the fields back into the form after the form has been filled out and emailed back? If so, how can I go about extracting the information from the email into the form, so I can print it out and file it for my records?

Former Community Member
I have created the submit by email button but how do I change the default body text in the email message? Is there a way to have multiple choices in the email messages that I send out with my form.

Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am using Adobe Acrobat 9 ( I have no idea what LiveCycle is).

I am creating a form to send out to hundreds of people. I have created a 'submit' button for users to submit their form with.

In this button's properties, i have opted the form to go back to a specific email address eg. mailto:xxx@hotmail.com

this all appears to be fine when i save it and distribute it using yyy@hotmail.com . however, once i have distributed it and I test the form by completing it, it does not give me the option to submit it back to xxx@hotmail.com. Instead it is defaulted to submit the form back to the person who sent it yyy@hotmail.com.

Is there a way of correcting this?