Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Setting up new datasource

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I am creating a process where I need to use an SQL2005 database - however I am not quite sure how to setup the datasource ( I still need to use the MySQL DB for the main datasource). How can I achieve this (where should I look for documentation - and if there are pitfalls could you point some of them out)?

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim
4 Replies

Level 4
Add the following XML fragment to your existing data source definition XML file in the \deploy folder:

<!-- Data Source Definition for Adobe LiveCycle ES -->

<local-tx-datasource>

<jndi-name>JNDI_name_in_your_code</jndi-name>

<connection-url>jdbc:sqlserver://192.150.23.6:1433;DatabaseName=lc_es</connection-url>

<driver-class>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</driver-class>

<user-name>lc_db_usr</user-name>

<password>password</password>

<min-pool-size>10</min-pool-size>

<max-pool-size>50</max-pool-size>

<blocking-timeout-millis>60000</blocking-timeout-millis>

<idle-timeout-minutes>15</idle-timeout-minutes>

<prepared-statement-cache-size>10</prepared-statement-cache-size>

<transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</transaction-isolation>

<!-- corresponding type-mapping in the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml (optional) -->

<metadata>

<type-mapping>MS SQLSERVER2000</type-mapping>

</metadata>

</local-tx-datasource>

Level 4
Also make sure that the Microsoft JDBC driver JAR files for SQL Server 2005 are in your configuration's \lib folder

Level 8
Level 8
OK, does it matter whether it is a MSSQL Express or a full SQL SERVER that I am trying to connect to?

Sincerely

Kim

Level 8
Level 8
I found out what was wrong - you need to disable the "dynamic" ports on your SQLEXPRESS server. This is done under SQL Server Configurtion Manager -> SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration -> Protocols for SQLEXPRESS -> TCP/IP (must be enabled) -> Properties -> IP Addresses -> TCP Dynamic Ports (remove the value that is there and add 1433 as the "TCP Port".

This did it for me...

Sincerely

Kim