Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Set reminder date

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I have a question regarding reminders. I would like to set a reminder to be sent to a user at a certain date (a date that is stored in a field on the form that is submitted). But in the settings of the Reminder I can only set the reminder to be fired after a fixed number of days (say after 2 days or 10 minutes - in my scenario I would like to set a date like 5/9/2008).

How can I do that?

Sincerely

Kim
2 Replies

Former Community Member
You want the reminder to be sent on an absolute date, and not on a date that is relative to the time when the task was assigned.

I'm not sure if this is the best way, but you could create a subprocess that sends an email, and has as input values all the pertinent information (date the email should be sent, task ID, user ID, URL to the task, etc.). The subprocess uses the Email service to send an email reminder.

Make the render process of the form variable that is used with the Assign Task operation call the subprocess.

It's not a 'real' reminder, but it accomplishes the same effect.

hope that helps

scott

Level 8
Level 8
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your answer - You describe the exact functionality I would like to have.

I believe that your solution might work - I would just want to use an event (Task Assigned) instead of the Render-Form as the case could be that the user wouldn't render the form before the reminder would reach the absolute date. Hence the email would never be sent.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend

Sincerely

Kim