Highlighted

Storing and retrieving an xml variable in DB

kc

28-05-2008

Hi all,

I am having some trouble storing and retrieving an xml variable in a custom DB. Can it be done via the jdbc-services or do I need to create some custom code which I call in an execute script?

In either case, how?

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Replies

Highlighted

Jasmin_Charbonn

28-05-2008

"Can it be done via the jdbc-services?"

Yes

You might want to store it in a String variable if you run into problem with the XML.

Jasmin
Highlighted

kc

28-05-2008

Ok, thanks alot...

I just had the problem that I didn't get any data inserted in the database.

I have set up the execute sql service to the following:

SQL Statement:

insert into table1 values({$ /process_data/@id $}, '{$ /process_data/formdata $}')

This inserts the processInstanceID in the DB but no data is inserted. I have also tried:

insert into table1 values({$ /process_data/@id $}, {$ /process_data/formdata $}) (without the quotes (' and '))

But this time the server gets an exception parsing the xml.

How should I set up the SQL statement to insert my xml-variable "formdata" into the DB?

Thank you in advance

Sincerely

Kim Christensen
Highlighted

pguerett

28-05-2008

That is because you are not referencing your form data correctly. How is formdata defined? Are you doing this from a submitted form (through workspace)?
Highlighted

Jasmin_Charbonn

28-05-2008

You might have to convert it into a string.

Use the function serialize(/process_data/formdata) to have a string representation of you XML.

Jasmin
Highlighted

kc

28-05-2008

The form is submitted by email and the process is kicked of by an email endpoint. How should I reference my formdata variable?

\Kim
Highlighted