Expand my Community achievements bar.

Saving fill-in info

Former Community Member
I have downloaded a trial version of LiveCycle and I'm investigating a possible migration from FormFlow to LiveCycle.

I'm using LiveCycle to produce pdf forms that can be accessed through the company intranet, filled in and printed (no electronic submission at this time).

With our current product (Fromflow), users can open a form, fill-in the fields and save the fill-in data they entered and open it (in the same form) again at a later time. This saves time when a creating very similar forms for the same customer (sometimes only the date and/or amounts are different). The form is always accessed from a server and the saved data reside on the workstation. This allows the user to quickly create a filled form, without worrying about any changes to the static parts of the form (legal services may change some static parts of the form). As far as I can tell, this is not possible with pdf forms created with LiveCycle.

If someone knows how to get similar functionality in a pdf form, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Constantinos
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Constantinos,

If I am correct, FormFlow is an old (beyond-end-of-life) product and most probably your organisation should have upgraded to LiveCycle since some time.

What you currently do with the old work flow can be accomplished with LiveCycle (ES).

If you are based in Greece please let me know and we would be more than happy to help you.

thanks

George

Former Community Member
Hi George,

You are absolutely correct about FormFlow...

We have a very old version and I'm investigating a possible migration to LiveCycle.

I have found that LiveCycle does everything I need, except I haven't figured out the data saving issue.

We are actually based in Cyprus - Bank of Cyprus Ltd.

I have downloaded a trial of LiveCycle Designer 8.0.

Is this the correct product? (You mention LiveCycle (ES) - what are the differences?)

Thanks,

Constantinos

Former Community Member
Hi Constantinos,

To answer your question: LiveCycle Designer 8.0 (actually v8.x) is part of the LiveCycle Enterprise Suite (thus LCES. LiveCycle now comes as a suite, not as individual products v7.x)

Then can you please send me a mail at gbilalis@anodos.gr, as we are covering as authorised distributors for Adobe, Cyprus (thus caring for Bank of Cyprus) from Athens. We will be more than happy to help you in your installation.

Thanks

George

Former Community Member
Hi again George,

I'm trying to send you an e-mail at gbilalis@anodos.gr as you mention in you latest message on this forum, but I get no reply and no send confirmation. Please confirm that I have the correct e-mail.

Please note that the matter is urgent for us.

Thanks

Constantinos

Former Community Member
Hi Constantinos,

I got it all right, though I was out of the office.

You will receive a more complete reply directly. Please give me some little time to consult on the situation.

thanks

George

Former Community Member
Hi Constantinos,

In order to get the same functionality you wish, you could use Acrobat Professional 8.0..

The user can then open the pdf form in Acrobat 8.0 and :

1.Type the data he/she wants

2.Go to Forms>Manage Form Data>Export Data and export the form data as xml and save them locally.

3.Open the same / updated form and go to Forms>Manage Form Data>Import Data and load the previously saved data.

PS:You could redesign the pdf forms with LiveCycle Designer (a product included in Acrobat 8.0) with form fragments

(

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/designer/indepth.html

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/fragment_tutorial.html )

for speeding up the process of updating the forms..

Regards,

Katerina

Former Community Member
Katerina,

Thank you for your reply.

I will try this - It sounds like it will work the way I want.

Regards,

Constantinos